Specific aims of the USC/UCLA Center:
- To support pilot projects and on-going bio-demographic research that integrate epidemiological, medical, and biological information with the demographic perspective on population health.
- To train students in research methods and host workshops related to the biodemography of aging.
- To develop models of population health outcomes that will clarify the effects of changes in risk factors and interventions on population health.
- To disseminate results of Center work and integrate work from a network of related researchers and policy makers.
- The effects of social, behavioral, biological, and medical factors on population health outcomes.
- The causes of observed racial, socioeconomic, and gender differences in population health in later life.
- The interdependence of health outcomes including chronic diseases, functioning changes, disability and mortality.
- Potential changes in the future rates of disease and functioning problems in the aging population.