- 2002: BA, computer science & mathematics, summa cum laude, Lipscomb University
- 2004: MS, computer science, Vanderbilt University
- 2007: MS, PhD, biophysics, Vanderbilt University
- 2008-2010: postdoctoral scholar, brain mapping & neurophysiology, UC San Diego
- 2010-2013: postdoctoral scholar, multimodal neuroimaging, UCLA
Andrei Irimia uses multimodal neuroimaging to understand how traumatic brain injury (TBI) alters brain aging. In particular, his efforts focus on understanding aging- and TBI-related reorganization of the human connectome, the relationship between TBI and dementia, and how TBI may lead to clinical depression in older adults.