USC Morton Kesten Summit
Transforming Homes and Communities to Support Healthy Aging: Innovations and Visions for the Future
Friday, October 5, 2018
Event: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
The Radisson Hotel Los Angeles Midtown at USC
3540 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, California 90007
The 2018 National Summit will explore developments in four key areas of supportive home environments:
Kathleen Cameron, MPH
National Falls Prevention Resource Center
National Council on Aging, Arlington, VA
Caroline Cicero, PhD, MSW, MPL
Instructional Assistant Professor of Gerontology, USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology
Director, USC Age Friendly University Inititative
Rodney Harrell, PhD
Director, Livability Thought Leardership
Publicity Policy Institute
Benjamin Henwood, PhD, LCSW
Associate Professor, USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work
Rosemarie Rossetti, PhD
Speaker, Author, Consultant, and President of Rossetti Enterprises Inc.
Co-Founder, Universal Design Living Laboratory
Scott Trudeau, PhD, OTR/L
Productive Aging and Interprofessional Collaborative Practice Program Manager
American Occupational Therapy Association
Kate Wilber, PhD
Mary Pickford Foundation Professor of Gerontology
Professor of Health Services Administration, USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology
Registration: $60 before August 31st, $65 after
Deadline to Register: September 25th
USC has arranged a block of hotel rooms at a group discount rate at The Radisson across from campus. Please refer to the information below to make reservations.
The deadline to reserve a room under the group discounted rate is September 13, 2018.
- Reservations can be made online at https://www.radisson.com/los-angeles-hotel-ca-90007/cafiguer or by phone at 800.333.3333.
- Please refer to the event name – “National Morton Kesten Summit” and the access code “MORTON”
- The promotional code is valid only for the time between check in on October 4th to check out on October 6th. If you need to reserve a room before or after these dates, please call the hotel directly at 213.748.4141.
- Guests are responsible for all charges.
- Parking is available at $25 per night.
- The last day to make reservations under the discounted rate is September 13, 2018.
CEUs will be available for RCFE (Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly), NHAP (Nursing Home Administrators), LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Workers), and MFT (Marriage and Family Therapists).
Get email updates about the Summit and follow us on Facebook!
Morton Kesten Summit History
This periodic event is endowed by a family member in memory of the late Morton Kesten, an executive of Colonial Penn Insurance Company at the time it was servicing AARP. The Morton Kesten Summit has historically been convened to address the needs of California’s increasing number of individuals aging in place.
To learn more about the annual Morton Kesten Universal Design Competition, click here.