If you have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in another field or major, our certificate program gives you a greater understanding of gerontology theory and research. A certificate in gerontology opens up opportunities to make an impact as an aging expert across a wide range of industries.
Is the Graduate Certificate in Gerontology Right for Me?
The Graduate Certificate in Gerontology is ideal if you’re a professional in any field and you want to:
- Set yourself apart with valuable expertise in how to meet the needs of an aging society
- Join a professional network of impact makers who are creating the future of aging
- Take your career to the next level with a skill set that is in high demand across multiple sectors
The Graduate Certificate in Gerontology prepares you for:
- Taking aging theory and applying it to practice in diverse industries, including healthcare, technology and real estate
- Consulting for older adults, service providers and businesses
- Policy and advocacy work
- Bringing an aging specialization to existing careers in law, pharmacy, business, social work and more
- Creating opportunities for yourself in a growing and increasingly relevant field
How Do I Earn My Graduate Certificate of Gerontology at USC Leonard Davis?
What Will I Study in My Classes?
The GCG program at USC Leonard Davis explores gerontology through a sophisticated, multidisciplinary approach. Your classes integrate research and concepts from different fields, providing connections and context as you pursue academic and career goals.
Learning that Fits Your Life
Whether you live halfway across the world or have a busy career, we make this program work for you. You can earn the Graduate Certificate in Gerontology online, through our robust digital course platform.
All your classes are streamed online, allowing you to interact with your classmates and professors in real-time. Learn more about our online education program.
“It’s a degree that’s going to help provide you the insight that you’ll need to be a decision-maker around the future of aging,” he says. “I can’t think of a better foundation.”Athan BezaitisCertificate in Gerontology graduate and senior director of communications and public relations at The Permanente Federation
A close-knit community in the center
of a world-class city
Here, the world of gerontology comes to you. We’re a small, intimate school rooted in a world-class research university — all located in one of the most vibrant cities on earth. Our students come from around the country and globe and are united in a desire to make the world better for people of all ages. Whether joining us online or on-campus in Los Angeles, USC Leonard Davis School students bring learning to life. Exciting opportunities abound to publish research, travel abroad, intern with influential organizations and advocate for older adults.