Flexible, Accessible Programs
All of our online courses are designed and taught by USC Leonard Davis School faculty members. Classes consist of weekly lectures, interactive exercises to further enhance the student’s understanding of the subject matter, and assignments that are sent via email to the instructor to monitor progress and integration of the subject matter.
Coursework can be accessed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Sunday afternoons might be the best time for you, or maybe you work better at night. You may choose to read a lecture all at once or spread it over a couple of days or come to campus to take a class if it is possible. In the traditional classroom setting, students spend three hours per week in class and four to six additional hours completing outside assignments and readings. Students should expect to spend a similar amount of time for an online class. However, as an online student, you choose those hours.
Our online master’s programs include:
- Master of Science in Gerontology (MSG)
- Master of Arts in Gerontology (MAG)
- Master of Arts in Aging Services Management (MAASM)
- Master of Arts in Long-Term Care Administration (MALTCA)
- Master of Arts Senior Living Hospitality (MSLH)
- Master of Arts in Medical Gerontology (MAMG)
- Master of Science in Nutrition, Healthspan, and Longevity (MSNHL)
- Master of Science in Nutritional Science (MSNS)
- Master of Science in Lifespan, Nutrition and Dietetics (MSLND)
- Master of Arts in Foodservice Management and Dietetics (MAFMD)
In order to participate in online courses, students will be required to have access to a computer with multimedia capability including a laptop or desktop computer with broadband (high speed) internet capability, a web browser, word processing software and presentation software, as well as a printer. Specific details regarding the computer requirements will be provided by the department.
Ready to join us?
Our community of ambitious students, eminent faculty and renowned alumni is waiting for you to join us. Our advisory team is ready to answer all your questions. Let’s continue the conversation.