The Master of Science in Nutritional Science prepares graduates with advanced knowledge, skills, and intellectual maturity to become innovative leaders in healthspan and longevity. This program gives students who have completed an undergraduate degree in nutrition an opportunity to earn a master’s degree with an emphasis on aging and wellness.
- Students with a Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) Verification Statement
- Current Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs)
Curriculum (32 units)
- GERO 498: Nutrition, Genes, Longevity and Disease (4 units)
- GERO 500: Perspectives on a Changing Society an Introduction to Aging (4 units)
- GERO 518: Current Topics in Clinical Nutrition (4 units)
- GERO 560: Micronutrients, Health and Longevity (4 units)
- GERO 564: Multiple Chronic Conditions and Older Adults (4 units)
- GERO 590: Directed Research (4 units)
- GERO 593: Research Methods (4 units)
- Elective (4 units)
Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) Verification Statement or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (CDR) Registration
Learn more about how to apply. Applicants must include a DPD Verification Statement or Proof of RDN (CDR) Registration with their application.
- Promote healthspan and longevity through mastery of advanced knowledge of nutritional sciences.
- Deliver and administer nutrition and dietetics programs in the private and public sectors.
- Assume leadership roles in the field of nutritional science with a focus on wellness and longevity
- Effectively communicate with and respond to culturally diverse nutrition needs of older adults and their families.
- Demonstrate scientific methodology, critical thinking and analytical research application to nutrition practice through completion of a Capstone Project.
- Deliver and administer nutrition and dietetics programs in the private and public sectors
- Careers in nutrition and dietetics, including:
- working in hospitals
- long-term care, university, and school foodservice programs
- lifestyle and wellness coaching
- scientific research
- policy and advocacy