Vibrant Living Retreat 2019
March 22- 24, 2019
Ojai Valley Inn
Space is limited and room reservations are based on availability.
Please kindly RSVP by February 5, 2019.
Call 213.740.6493 to secure your reservation.
Come hear the experts assembled by the USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology discuss the newest developments in science, technology, nutrition, disease prevention and longevity to help us live longer, more fulfilled and healthier lives.
$3,295 double accommodation
$2,795 single accommodation
Special Thanks to the retreat planning committee for building a personalized retreat
to benefit the participants who attend.
Bonnie Cook, Heidi Cortese, Paul Irving, Merle Mullin, Mei-Lee Ney, Kathy Rose, John Seiter, Sharon Tedesco, Shari Thorell
Saturday Afternoon Longevity Activities
In conjunction with the Ojai Valley Inn and others, we have orchestrated afternoon activities on Saturday to complement the healthy-aging knowledge we will gain at the retreat. Come relax, enjoy and savor a different side of healthy-aging through yoga, and other activities provided to you by the USC Leonard Davis School.
Philanthropist, Visionary and Dance Enthusiast
The Art of Philanthropy: A Focused Q&A
Over the years, Glorya Kaufman has deepened her appreciation of the enormous potential of dance to heal the body, mind and human spirit. She recognizes the universal appeal of dance and its ability to bring people together. Join us, as Glorya discusses her early influences and journey as a philanthropist and leader. Glorya will engage in a fireside chat with Mei-Lee Ney, President of Richard Ney & Associates, Asset Management, Inc.. To learn more visit www.thegloryakaufmandancefoundation.org.
Saturday Topic – Prevention
- Jennifer Ailshire, PhD – Assistant Professor of Gerontology and Sociology
- Eileen Crimmins, PhD – University Professor; AARP Professor of Gerontology
- Pinchas Cohen, MD – Dean, USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology
- Caleb Finch, PhD – University Professor; ARCO/William F. Kieschnick Professor of the Neurobiology of Aging
Saturday Faculty Activity
- Leah Buturain Schneider, PhD – Lecturer of Gerontology
Hospitality of the Heart: Greeting change with the Welcoming Prayer
Sunday Topic – Interventions & Treatments
- Andrew Hoffman, MD – Faculty Keynote Speaker: Professor of Medicine (Endocrinology) at the Stanford Medical Center
- Christian Pike, PhD – Professor in Gerontology Division of Biogerontology
- Mireille Jacboson, PhD – Associate Professor of Gerontology
- Mara Mather, PhD – Professor of Gerontology and Psychology
- Kelvin Yen, PhD – Research Assistant Professor of Gerontology