The Seahorse Core
The Seahorse XF96 is a unique instrument that measures extracellular O2, pH, glucose and lactate fluxes to provide estimates of glucose utilization in cultured cells. The XF96 instrument provides a significant advance over existing methodologies to quantitate cellular metabolic pathways. Unlike radiometric assays, the XF96 does not require radio-labeled substrates, and unlike measurements of cellular oxygen consumption using the classic Clark electrode, it is possible to make high throughput measurements on 96 samples simultaneously in a microplate format.
Seahorse XF96 Extracellular Flux Analyzer Service
- Measures oxygen consumption rate (OCR) and extracellular acidification rate (ECAR)
- Cell types assayed on the XF analyzer: Cell lines, primary cells, isolated mitochondria, worms (C. elegans)
- No cleaning is required. All parts that contact cells, media or drugs are disposable
- Up to four test compounds (drugs or substrates) may be added automatically to each well. Measurements are performed before and after each compound are added
- To make high throughput measurements on 96 samples simultaneously in a microplate format