A USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology alum, Liza Cherney, MSG, sustained major injuries at the 2013 Boston Marathon. Liza was hospitalized and underwent a number of surgeries and is now home trying to recover. At the time of the tragedy, Liza was a candidate at the Boston College Carroll School of Business Management and will graduate in May. Liza earned her BSG in 2006 and her MSG in 2007. While at SC, she served in student government and helped raise money for various charities affiliated with SC. Now Liza needs our help and support as she travels down the long road to recovery.
Fellow classmates and friends from Boston College put together an online fundraiser called Recovery for Liza which can be found at https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/l582/helpforliza. Any donation amount helps and shows our support for her and the family and friends directly helping her pull through all this!! Donation amount and/or donor names can be anonymous.
You can also go onto to the Recovery for Liza site to send a virtual hug to Liza and words of support via Facebook, setting up your own GiveForward account or following a few easy steps listed below.
1) Click on the site link: https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/l582/helpforliza
2) Select the Login drop down in the right hand corner
3) Type in the following email email@example.com and password lizastrong
4) Select the word Hugs underneath the picture of Liza
5) Post your Hug in the text box under Supporter Activity
6) Click Post, log out and you are done – Remember to log-out so someone else can post later.