search

Q: What are you studying at the USC Leonard Davis School?

A: I am a senior studying Human Development and Aging on the Health Science track and a minor in accounting. I am also pursuing my Master’s in the Science of Gerontology and will hopefully graduate with my MSG next fall.

Q:  What inspired you to pick this program?

A: I had always shared a strong connection with my grandfather. When he was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer, the journey through hospitals in Japan and America opened my eyes to the policies that shape the way we die. His death inspired me to volunteer at adult daycares, look into non-profits serving older adults, and reevaluate what I wanted to do as a career.

Q: What do you plan on doing with your degree once you graduate, and what are your career goals?

A: Following the completion of both of my degrees, I hope to attend law school, with the ultimate goal of practicing public interest law. I would love to utilize my degrees in cases that specifically require knowledge on either the process of aging or old adults.

Q: What is the most rewarding or interesting part about studying at USC?

A: The most rewarding part of my whole USC career has been serving as the Student Gerontology Association (SGA) president. I have had the privilege of meeting so many passionate people who have pushed me to achieve more than I could ever imagine. Through my position, I have felt empowered to change my community and advocate for the ideas that I believe to be important.

Q: What are some other projects or activities that you’ve been involved in?

A: I’ve been the president of SGA for the last two years (just finished up with Alumni Dinner!), I work in the Tucker-Seeley research lab and have had a poster presentation at GSA, I’ve been interning at National Association for Adult Protective Services, I love to surf, and I just got a puppy!

Close Menu