search

Q: What program are you in at the USC Leonard Davis School?

Bachelor of Science in Human Development and Aging, Class of 2022.

Q: What inspired you to pick this program?

My passion for deepening my understanding on how we can enhance the aging experience and promote longevity. I also have always been close to my grandma and loved the opportunity to learn about the ways I can support her health and wellness.

Q: What do you plan on doing with your degree once you graduate, and what are your career goals?

I plan on working as an EMT, doing research, and applying to medical school next cycle.

Q: What is the most rewarding or interesting part about studying gerontology at USC? 

Everything we learn is applicable to our everyday life. It is fascinating to gain knowledge on the mechanisms that underlie aging and how our lifestyle choices have a huge impact decades from now. 

Q: What are some other projects or activities that you’ve been involved in?

I have been involved in Type 1 Diabetes research and am the president of the College Diabetes Network at USC where I help people navigate having diabetes in college. 

Q: What is one of your favorite courses you’ve taken at the School?

I loved GERO 315 and GERO 416. Dr. Walsh and Dr. Vicinanza are incredible professors. 

Q: What would you want other young people to know about gerontology and working with older adults?

Older adults are capable of being healthy, engaged, and valuable members of our society. We have so much to learn from them and aging should be a graceful experience! I encourage everyone to form a friendship with an older adult in their life. 

Close Menu